|OSC - Seniors Strategy (2018)||BPW Ontario Position Statements||Truth & Reconciliation (TRC)|
|BPW Ontario Briefs to ON Gov't||BPW Ontario's Resolution Database||Gender Wage Gap/WEE|
BPW Ontario congratulates Ontario Securities Commission (OSC) on the proactive stance taken on a key aspect of financial security for older women, a real concern of BPW Ontario and part of our advocacy work.
OSC News Release, March 20, 2018: OSC outlines initiatives to respond to needs of Ontario seniors and investment industry.
OSC Seniors Strategy (OSC Staff Notice 11-779 Seniors Strategy)
- Submission to Standing Committee on Social Policy Legislative Assembly of Ontario: Bill 3, An Act respecting transparency of pay in employment Bill 3 - April 18, 2018
- Submission to Law Commission of Ontario: Project Proposal Regarding Revising the Ontario Pay Equity Act - March 21, 2014.
- Ministry of Labour Consultation Paper Regarding Ontario's Minimum Wage - October 18, 2013
- Disclosure Requirements for Women on Boards and in Senior Management - October 4, 2013
- Sexual Violence Action Plan: Consultation Document - August 31, 2010
In June 2015, TRC released its final report on the Indian Residential System which was based on six years of work to gather the emotional and devastating stories of survival by Canada’s Aboriginal children.
According to Justice Murray Sinclair, Chair of the TRC, “reconciliation is not an aboriginal problem. It is a Canadian problem.”
Read the complete Call for Action Report, click here.
Read the summary of the 94 Call For Action Statements, click here.