RESOLUTION:THEREFORE BE IT RESOLVED THAT the Business and Professional Women's Clubs of Ontario urge the Government of Ontario, in particular the Ministry of Education, to immediately:
(1) ensure that material used in primary education is non-stereotyped
(2) ensure that educational guidance is non-discriminatory and provides a wide range of choices for girls and boys
(3) encourage awareness among teachers of the need for non-discriminatory guidance and use of non-stereotyped role models
(4) ensure that guidance teachers warn students against careers without scope for development
(5) develop a review process to ensure that the Ministry of Education's directives concerning the removal of sex-role stereotyping are implemented in the best interests of the child.
©BPW Ontario www.bpwontario.com
Article ID: 4291